Sunday, April 01, 2007

Life sure moves in circles..

The last time I was here, you heard rantings from a jobless, exaspirated chap (see the second post below this one). After about 70 odd resume drops online and offline across the university, I finally found a job in the good ol' residence halls - back where I woriginally started off. Quarter 1 started with me having a job, quarter 2 started with me losing the job, and quarter 3 starts with me regaining the job. I hope the trend changes for the better come summer.

Among other things, 2 academic quarters have flown by in very little time. Grades seem to take a strong liking to my initials - but am not very sure B-grade Balaji has a very likeable zing to it on the resume. The courses are fun though, and that, in consolation, is all that matters. Have my plate full this time, 4 courses, a laboratory session a week, and 20 hours of part time work - so don't blame me if you don't see a lot of me (which, and I hate to disappoint, is highly unlikely, given my ability to land at the wrong places at the wrong times and to stick around long enough to create a considerable amount of mental agony).

Spring has arrived here finally (pretty much like most places on the planet, of course), replacing a monochrome period of chill and snow. The weather still plays games though. In strict accordance with Murphy's laws, it rains every time I happen to leave that little thing they can an umbrella home. It's happened too many times for coincidence, and I have come to believe the Gods do have a good sense of humour. 'd appreciate it if they didn't make us the butt of the practical jokes.

My cooking skills seem to have improved ('seems' simply because my roommates still make funny faces when they force down their throat the stuff I cook, but they survive it better than before), and my desk looks cleaner for longer periods than it usually does. Been playing sports and throwing my arms around a lot more than this lazy body is used to. But for those, some good things are meant not to change. I still sneak in 10 hours of sleep a day (a fact I am immensely proud of - that is what separates me from the crowd that remains sunken deep in books and labs and codes all day all night!). In essence, a few minor upgrades notwithstanding, the Balaji dated Sep. 01 2006 and the current version are pretty much the same. The bug lives on. :)

1 comment:

lotusfeet said...

grades takin a liking for ur initials...heh heh...so far as ur sleep is concerned, its gonna take much more than 4 courses n a lab to shake u....goddamn, were u the one who were asleep when my cooker burst??